Friday, February 4, 2011

The Great Blizzard of 2010

For those of you keeping up, yes, I am really behind in my blogging....considering its February 2011 and I am still in 2010. At least my post will be different from everyone elses though!! :) Anywho, we had a HUGE snowstorm here in Alabama. For all of my northern readers, please disregard some of my comments related to this snow storm and try not to spit out your coffee when I tell you we were almost shut down for an entire week for 8 inches of snow. I know, I know....ya'll had like 8 feet, but its all relative here. If you came down to Alabama say, in June, when we are getting into the high 90 degree temperatures, we wouldn't laugh at you for having a heat stroke...moving on....so we played in the snow for days and had a ball. We went to one of the biggest hills in Decatur, which I cannot name, because we could possibly go to jail...but we had a blast! I did a little redneck snowboarding, on boogie boards which was all we had, but they did the trick.


We took some photos out in the snow and played with the pup a good bit. We hung out with the Claborns for most of the day on Monday and did a little redneck tubing...
IMG_3375

IMG_3374

IMG_3366






I was dying to see what the river lot looked like, so I braved the roads and ventured out there! It was beautiful as usual!
IMG_3432

IMG_3435

Lots of deer tracks in the yard...
IMG_3439

IMG_3444

All in all, the snow was great. I was ready to see it go though. That's why I live in Alabama...snow isn't really my thing...I prefer it to be 90 degrees in the shade. From what the ol' timers are saying we will have another big snow storm before spring! For once, I hope they are wrong!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger