Saturday, June 4, 2011

The End of an Era

Wednesday May 10th was a hard day for the Higginbotham's for many reasons. The main reason though was that my grandmother, Mamoo, was losing her job. She is 81 years old and has worked at Freds in Athens for 41 years. The store closed its doors on May 10th. I was in Athens for work that day, so I stopped by to see the ol' store one more time. Most of my childhood was memories of going into Freds to see Mamoo. She and that store went together like peanut butter and jelly. If you have a Decatur Daily account, you can go here to read the article they did on her.

IMG_3854

IMG_3855

IMG_3857

IMG_3856

IMG_3858

1 comments:

Caroline said...

I love this- makes me cry!! Congrats to your Mamoo for her wonderful work.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger