Monday, November 24, 2008

I salute you....bare legged sorority girl!!

So at the last Alabama Football Game, I perhaps did something that has transitioned me from young, hip dressing sorority alumni, to old lady. I dressed for comfort and warmth, not trendiness. I know this sounds stupid, and for those of you not involved in Southern Football, there is a certain etiquette involved with what Southern Women wear to football games. I know it may not make much sense to some of you, but we typically dress up for football games, in cute sundresses and other appropriate wear. However, this past game, I broke the mold and wore fuzzy boots, a sweat shirt and a HUGE jacket....and sat wrapped up most of the time under a blanket. Now, it was absolutely freezing, but as we sat at the tailgate, I looked around at all the girls with their bare legs and mini skirts and yes....they looked super cute, but I am sure the trip to the Emergency Room for hypothermia wasn't worth the price of looking cute that day. I guess I am officially getting old....but man, I was warm and sure did enjoy the game! But I still salute you....bare legged sorority girl!!!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger