Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fishing for new panties...

Last weekend, I headed to Buzzy's house for a little fishing time. Buzzy has the coolest place in Decatur...his house backs up to the wildlife refuge and you can see the beautiful river from his back porch. So, I hoped in the golf cart for what I thought was going to be a relaxing day. So, I get down to the river, get my two rods out, and start fishing. I like fishing with 2 rods for several reasons...but today, I was just throwing one out and letting it sit, trying to catch some catfish or something and was actively fishing with the other. So, I make a phone call, and am continuing to fish, when I feel something on my feet...I look down and see this....


In case you missed the previous sentence....that giant snake (well, not that exact one in the picture, I apologize for my lack of picture taking) was ON MY FEET!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to pass out. The rest of my memory is a tad bit foggy, but I do remember doing some sort of backwards jump/twist move, surprisingly, not getting bit and escaped to safety. After changing my panties...I realized that I had a rod still sitting on the bank right where the snake incident had occurred. I looked for that spawn of satan, but he was no where to be found, so I crept up to retrieve my rod....and this was on it...


I guess the Lord was trying to calm my nerves, so my first and only fish of the day was on that rod....So I guess the moral of the story is, watch what you are doing...all the time, and always keep an extra set of panties with you when fishing.

1 comments:

Gretta said...

and now I too need new underwear after seeing that picture....ICK! Glad you are acrobatic and didn't get bit.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger