Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crying for the Camry...

Any of you that know us know that we drive crappy cars....well, let me re-phrase that. We drive cars that use to be decent, but with the insane amount of mileage we put on them, as well as all the junk we haul around daily, they sometimes could fall into the crappy category...Anywho, David's camry had 272,000 miles on it. No that is not a typo, that would be 272,000 actual miles. It was at the point where we were going to have to make some big money repairs, so we decided to sell it and get something else. Well, all the stars lined up this week and we got this....
IMG_1619 (by alhiggy08)
We are always needing a truck, having to borrow one, etc. So, we decided to get the Tundra. It is beautiful...but as I watched the guy drive away in the camry, I had to hold back tears...I don't know why, but I get some emotionally attached to vehicles. (Which is probably why I still own my jeep) I literally was depressed all day yesterday, and am still sad today. Don't get me wrong, the new car is nice, but its not camry. It doesn't quack like a duck when you turn the steering wheel, or have a tail light that is always out, even if you just replaced it. Like, I said, its no camry...I do hope though I can bond with the new vehicle...if not, I will be tracking the guy down and getting the old camry back! :) So, in memory of the camry....here she is, one last time! :(

IMG_1639 (by alhiggy08)

1 comments:

Jennifer Chambless said...

Hearing you describe the Camery I can only think of Caroline crying over dumb-dumb in college dating the girl who drove the Benz and crying, "And I drive a Camery." Ahhh... good times. Enjoy the truck. It's a beauty.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger