Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Phi Mu's Take Texas!

I had lots of options to put for the title of this post, but this one just seemed the most appropriate! On Thursday, I flew out to Lubbock Texas to see one of my best friends in the world....Lindsey. Now, Lindsey has been in school out there since we graduated from Alabama in 2004. I have promised her I was going to visit her, and well, she is graduating in May. Can we say last chance trip?? Anyways, I made it out there, which should count for something. So I arrived in Lubbock...the giant airport that it is and waited for Lindsey to come get me....
IMG_1491 (by alhiggy08)
We goofed around a little, went and drove around Texas Tech and then headed out for dinner. One thing that is so funny to me was Lindsey was talking about how Texas Tech folks think they are "big football fans..." When she took me to the stadium, I thought it was a high school stadium. It only holds like 30,000 people....that wouldn't hold the student section at Bama....I guess we are maybe the tiniest bit of football snobs....anywho..back to dinner...
IMG_1492 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1493 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1495 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1496 (by alhiggy08)

Oh, did I mention that it rained like the entire time I was there...which she said NEVER happens...we had a great time though, rain and all. We headed out the next day for a tour around Lubbock, went on a tour of a winery, went to Prairie Dog Park and to see some giant rabbits around Texas Tech...Oh and then there was the tour of Sorority Row/Fraternity Lane...
IMG_1498 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1502 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1501 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1504 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1507 (by alhiggy08)

So here we are in front of one of the fraternity houses and we spot a turkey...and no, it wasn't a frat guy...
IMG_1517 (by alhiggy08)

Then the frat boys come out to chase the turkey....must have been a slow day in the old fraternity house...
IMG_1519 (by alhiggy08)

Remember the giant rabbits I was talking about....that literally herd across the streets so much so they stop traffic...yeah, I thought these were beavers.
IMG_1521 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1522 (by alhiggy08)

This picture sums up Prairie Dog Town....HORRIBLE! It was raining, the wind was like a dang tornado, but Lindsey was determined that we were going to see some Prairie Dogs. I of course, had lost interest, was cold, and wanted to go back the the car. However, we did not, we went walking through this park on the search for Prairie Dogs which were obviously smarter than we were because they were in their holes, out of the elements....we did see a couple though, so I can mark that off of my list of things to see before I die.
IMG_1527 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1525 (by alhiggy08)

I will leave you with this last picture....and a teaser for tomorrow's post. (I am too tired to write anymore....) And yes, this will be hanging in our river cabin....in case you can't read it, it says....
IMG_1512 (by alhiggy08)
If you're going to act like a turd, go lay in the yard...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful, that's where I went to school. Can't believe she didn't take you to Spanky's or Taco Villa. Those are the places you need to eat.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger