Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Growing...It's Really Growing!!

So a couple of post ago, I told you all about my gardening experience I was trying out. I ordered those Earth Box things and have been very pleased with them so far. I have planted strawberry's, peppers, broccoli, carrots, and a few heads of lettuce in the boxes. I also have a tomato plant and a few other things of lettuce in other containers. Everything was doing fine until I went to Lubbock and ol' hubby forgot to water my tomato plant. As I pulled into the driveway from the airport I yelled out that my plant was dead and ran to its aid. I watered it, prayed over it and waited for the best. It pepped back up but the jury is still out whether there was any long term damage done or not. Anywho, everything else is growing quite well so far. I felt so farmer-chic the other night as I went out to pick lettuce for my first salad. Talk about fresh...snap it off the plant and put it on the plate. The strange thing was that it tasted REALLY good. I don't know if it was because there were no preservatives on the leaves or chemicals, or if I was just so dang excited that I grew something. I had another salad tonight and it was yummy as well! Anywho, I will keep you posted on my progress....here are some shots of the garden....we moved it to the porch before the great tornado's of 2010. :)

IMG_1611 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1612 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1614 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1615 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1616 (by alhiggy08)

1 comments:

Meg0429 said...

Ok I don't know if you will read this or not ;) I was just going to see how you keep away the animals from these plants. I would really like to do this next year. Where did you find the box? I need some more info and your green hands to help me :)


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger