Sunday, April 4, 2010

I met the devil....and his name is fondant!

A couple of weeks ago, we had our Junior League meeting at the Corner Bakery. The ladies there put on a wonderful presentation for us showing us how to make cakes and such and also how to make those lovely fondant cookies. Well, it looked easy enough, so I ordered all the stuff and started out on my first big cookie baking experience with my new gadgets. And boy, was I aiming high....I made 24 cookies that I was going to decorate with the fondant. Well, cookie one started out okay, but when I cut out my fondant with the same round cookie cutter that I used for the cookie, surprisingly, it did not fit. It was more egg shaped. Hmmm...well, maybe it will go better on cookie 2. You can guess....it did not. By the time I was finished with cookies for all the nieces and nephews, I was covered in sweat, had thrown so many tantrums and yelling fits that Wilson wouldn't come in the kitchen anymore, and had a mess the size of Texas. Needless to say the remaining cookies are not decorated with the lovely fondant, or as I like to call it, the Devil's Sugar. However, at the Easter festivities today, one of the kids said, "MMMMMM....Aunt Anna, these cookies are really good!" So, I guess I shouldn't have cussed the fondant so early...at least they tasted good!

IMG_1384 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1430 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1426 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1427 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1429 (by alhiggy08)

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger