Sunday, November 7, 2010

Southern Women-Fashion and Culture

This will be an eye opening post to several of you not from here. Fashion and culture is a big thing down here in the south. From matching your children for Easter Sunday, to wearing dresses and heels to SEC football games, to hunting attire, we know how to dress. I'll start with football.

Football here is a huge tradition. Oh, and on the day of the Iron Bowl, this state basically shuts down. Now, I had the privilege of attending THE UNIVERSITY....for the few of you that don't know, that is The University of Alabama, or The University as we call it because its the only University worth mentioning. Anywho, I remember countless football games in the scorching sun and blistering cold where we paraded ourselves out to the game in the finest Southern Couture. Don't even think about not wearing your team colors, oh, and houndstooth is a must. See examples below...
IMG_5756.JPG

IMG_5663.JPG

IMG_5658.JPG


IMG_2381


IMG_0041

IMG_7394

We even dress our little ones up in their school colors. So, comfort or not, we will be dressed for game day, heels and all!

Hunting/outdoor attire....now, this is a new couture for me. I am getting more into it, especially this year, but I consider myself a pro already. What I have decided so far is, just because you are in the outdoors doesn't mean you have to dress like a hobo. Case in point...my BOW event held a couple weeks ago. They all made fun of me for wearing my pearls, especially while firing large firearms, but hey, what do you expect? Take note on how the pearls actually bring out the camoflauge...




Please note that in order to lure a prospective deer to you, your nails must be perfectly polished, and you must apply just enough "Big Sexy Hairspray" so you neon orange hat doesn't sit directly on your head.
IMG_1029

IMG_1031

As far as footwear, when out in the wilderness, you must have proper shoes on. My favorites are my river boots. Snazzy enough to keep the snakes away...and lure the fish in!
IMG_0351

So the moral of this lesson....always be prepared in the woods, water or wherever you may be. Dress appropriately for all occasions...and don't forget your pearls.

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger