Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Years Eve/Day

I'm skipping my birthday post on purpose....we will circle back around to that momentous occasion shortly. For New Years Eve, we had a great time! David played in Huntsville and we ended up staying the night over there. We were joined by some of our awesome friends and danced the night away. So much fun!!!
IMG_5326

IMG_5336

Then on New Years Day, we zipped to church and then over to the boat harbor for the annual Polar Bear Jump. I think I have mentioned it before, but David is doing a fabulous coffee table book for the Decatur Morgan County Chamber of Commerce. He's been documenting all the wonderful events that happen in our area as well as just some awesome photographs of things we have here. Being Mr. Photographer of the Year though, we couldn't take a photo from the shore for this event....no, no my friend. We have to get a dry suit, and get in the water. This day could also be called the day I almost lost my husband....Trying to swim in that suit plus hold a camera up in the air, focused and shooting fabulous pictures=very difficult. So needless to say, David earned his badge of honor that day, getting in freezing water, all in the name of a steller photo!!
IMG_5344

IMG_5362

IMG_5366

The aftermath....
IMG_5368

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger