Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Auburn Fans....Reckless at any age

So I am driving in Cullman today and the strangest thing happens to me. I am going down the road and this car starts honking the horn at me. So I look in my rearview mirror and see this little paw paw driving his car. He looked to be about 85 years old and had no business on the road. So I slow down a little bit and he is starting to pass me, honking his horn and blinking his lights. I think there has to be something wrong with my car....do I have a flat tire, has part of my car blown off...I mean he is definitely trying to get my attention. I then slow down as he is pulling up to me and the holds up 6 fingers and then starts pumping his fist in the air, while he continues to honk the horn. It took me a little bit to realize but as his car passed me, swerving all over the road, he had a big Auburn sticker on the back window (I have a BAMA sticker on my window). So to sum this up, he felt the need to muster up all his old man energy for the day to honk, swerve and flash at me to remind me that they have beat us the past 6 times....seriously, just go on in to the nursing home. :)

4 comments:

Carriage House said...

Too Funny! Those football fans are serious about their team!

THE J Mo said...

LOL!!!

"all his old man energy..."

The Deavours Family said...

typical awbarn rednecks!!!! I added your blog to mine so I can see what is going on with you, David and Wilson! Hope to see you during football season!

Unknown said...

thats the best story i have heard all day. if i ever see you on the road i will be sure to make the old man proud :) kidding, maybe!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger