Friday, September 12, 2008

Houston....We Have POWER!!!!

As most of you know, David and I bought a piece of property on the river about 2 years ago. My plan was to have this wonderful getaway with a tiny cabin...only the bare essentials of course, so our kids one day would have the great pleasure of growing up on the river. Fishing, boating, catching frogs, etc. So, when this life long dream of mine finally came true I was absolutely ecstatic!! So then I thought, well, we will have a little cabin built up there by last summer and just start enjoying that as soon as possible. WRONG!!!! I don't know if any of you have ever had the joy of trying to build something but it is a nightmare. All I wanted was a basic little cabin, something small, just to be able to get out of the rain....well that didn't happen. 2 LONG years later we just now have POWER run out to our property. I know you are probably thinking, why in the world does it take that long to get a power pole hooked up on your property??? Well thanks to the good people at the Utility
Department we were dealing with, it took that long. (I will say that we dealt with one man there that was SUPER helpful though!!) We rode up last night to check out the lot and I almost fainted when I saw that our power was hooked up. Its a small battle in the great scheme of things, but my goodness, it was a lot of work and headache. So now, 2 years into the project we have:

1. A driveway
2. A power pole
3. A flat lot to put our camper on until we build a cabin


This has taught me that when dealing with new construction, you cannot under any circumstance get in a hurry, otherwise, you will go to prison for threatening the lives of the utility workers you are dealing with. :)


DJH_1106

AHHH....the panoramic view...if you listen closely you can hear the birds chirping!! :)

SugarCreekPano

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger