Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You're doing what?

This weekend, I had a few extra hours, so where do I go? To the river of course! Wilson and I packed up and headed to Sugar Creek for a few hours of fun! I called one of my neighbors to ask if I could borrow his canoe and he said of course! That is the thing about my lovely neighbors at the river...everyone is so nice and always willing to invite you over for a burger, or a boat ride! Anywho, so my other neighbor Galen was out working in his yard when Wilson and I arrived. I told him that I had talked to Bobby and I was going to be going for a little canoe ride....

Galen: "You're doing what?"
Anna: "Going on a little canoe trip.."
Galen: "With Wilson?"
Anna: "Well of course..."
Galen: "Do you think that is such a good idea?"
(Insert Wilson doing the crazy run in circles around the yard and jumping back in forth into the mud)
Anna: "He will be fine, he will settle down once he gets in the boat..."
Galen: "Well alright, but just be aware, my boats out of gas, so I can't come get you if you flip over."

There is the confidence you like to hear before you put a 70 pound lab in a super unstable canoe. But just like always, Wilson surprised me and sat there like a champ. And thank goodness for that because even if he shifted his body weight from one leg to the other I thought we were going to tip over!
IMG_2427

IMG_2431

IMG_2433


We then did a little fishing when we got back and caught a bass! I was trying to get some size perspective on the fish so I held it up to Wilson's head to take a picture of it for David....
IMG_2436

Then he decided he wanted to see what bass tastes like...don't worry though, he just barely licked it and then we put it back in the water. I'd say we had another successful day of fun on the river!!

0918001733

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger