Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Uh oh....I think I tore something

Saturday, me, Micah and Justin ran in the Killen Founders Day Run. Now, Micah and I have been running together in the mornings at 5:00...yes, it was her idea, not mine. Running at 5:00 makes me feel like I have a hangover all day...but its good to have an accountability partner. (That makes me sound like an alcoholic....) Anyways, Micah had told me that this was a flat run, which makes me happy. I am not a fan of hills...I know they are good for you, strengthen your legs, etc., but for me, they make me feel like I am running to my death. I can't breathe, my legs burn...I'll spare you anymore details. Well, we started off this run and there was the big hill....so I am thinking to myself, surely this must be the only one. Nope, not even close. As the race went on and I passed yet another hill, and then another, I silently cursed Micah....oh, and speaking of my faithful running partner, yeah, she took off like a jack rabbit at the beginning, so my goal was to just keep her in view. Well minus feeling like I was having a heart attack, it worked out pretty good for me. I had my lowest time ever for running at 5K, and I got 2nd place in my age division....so thanks accountability partner, for pushing my boundaries...and my heart rate... :)

IMG_2354

IMG_2356

IMG_2362

IMG_2366

IMG_2367

IMG_2368

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger