Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The big 3-2

So David turned 32 a week or so ago, so I am obviously a little behind in my blogging. I know, I know, how have you survived without an update from the Higginbothams???? Even though 32 is not a "big" birthday, I still like doing fun stuff for the ol' ball and chain. So, I decided to do a little surprise party for David with his high school friends. The on Tuesday, we went down to Rick and Bubba and had lunch with them after the show. I obviously needed a little help with getting David to the surprise party, so Justin and Micah volunteered to help. Micah and I had a fake meeting after church and Justin and David rode together and we were going to meet up with them after we got finished. Well, we "faked" a flat tire so they would have to come to Magnolia street which is where the Casual Gourmet is and the party was being held...so Justin calls to let us know that after we sent the text message about the flat, David immediately changes, in an obvious panic, out of his church clothes into some old ratty clothes to come to our aid. The conversation with Justin then went something like this..

Justin: He's changing out of his clothes....
Anna: Well, stop him!!
Justin: I don't know how to without him knowing
Anna: Well this is great, he is going to look like a hobo at his party...
Justin: (Laughing) This is toooo good!

So, David shows up with his "Above the rim" shirt, which I am pretty sure is at least 15 years old, and holy blue jeans on. We all got a good laugh out of it.


IMG_2465

IMG_2472

IMG_2477

IMG_2479

IMG_2484

IMG_2489

IMG_2492

IMG_2503

IMG_2506

IMG_2514


Livin' life "Above the rim...."
IMG_2516
Rick and Bubba post to follow!!

2 comments:

the mcelyea's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the mcelyea's said...

it was so good to see everyone! thanks for getting us all together!!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger