Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rabies, air mattresses and dog hair...oh my

This past weekend, we decided to do a little camping out at the river lot. Now more than ever, our desire to have an actual house is real....I am all about the outdoors, don't get me wrong, but it would be so much nicer to not have to spend 5 hours packing all the things you need for one overnight trip. Anywho, we had a large time non the less.

One thing that struck me as sad a little is my faith in David and my ability to put things together. I really wanted this to be a fun trip, with no stress, so I started off early trying to read the instructions on putting the tent up. Wasn't a real fan of the whole "no picture thing" so I went to Academy. They had these tents that you literally throw up and they pop out...boom, you are done. However, upon reading reviews of them, they are less than desirable trying to fold back up to fit in their ever so cute bag. P.S.-Why do these tent manufacturers jam these tents into these tiny bags where there is no way the average person would every be able to fit it back in there? I digress...we got the tent up with no problem and started off the night with some yummy hotdogs from Kansas City Steaks...which are the bomb....in case you ever want a gourmet hotdog.
IMG_2675

IMG_2679

We then had a few smores....well, we had them, Wilson really wanted one..
IMG_2680

Then David had to get a shot of me with my black teeth from the chocolate and the marshmallow all over my face....Wilson moved on to the whole "possessed" look, hoping to get a bite...no luck though.
IMG_2681

We sat around the campfire and nerd alert David (love you dear) brought out the ol' Ipad. In his defense though, he downloaded some kind of star tracker application, and no, not like celebrity stars, but the ones you see in the sky....it was pretty awesome. You hold it up and it shows you exactly where all the constellations are. We took it out on the dock too for a spin and it was awesome...so, thank you nerdy husband for that. :)
IMG_2692

IMG_2696

IMG_2701

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the whole rabies thing...we were sitting around the fire when we saw this....

Well to be honest, not this exact fox, but I didn't have the camera ready. He walked right up behind us, so the thing obviously had rabies....or it was just really brave...then he trotted off into the neighbors yard. Thank goodness we had our guard dog there to protect us.
IMG_2704

Now is when the fun begins...getting in the tent. We had this grand idea to absolutely exhaust Wilson during the day. Which I successfully did. We were literally having to wake him up during dinner. We thought he would sleep like a baby in the tent...well, no such luck. I think this was the most frustrated we have ever been with him. He wouldn't settle down, would stand on your head, back, stomach, wherever...and so we got no sleep. I would have put him outside the tent but I was afraid he would tear the tent to pieces trying to get to us. So next time, Wilson is not invited. Speaking of an enjoyable night...the air mattress we had deflated about once an hour...so that was awesome as well. The next morning when we got up, the dog hair in the tent looked like we had scalped Wilson. Talk about a fun clean up! But all in all it was a great trip. I cooked us biscuits and breakfast casserole, the neighbors came over to eat and then we headed out. No matter what, no sleep or anything, being out at the river is just awesome....I'll take that any day over sleeping in my nice bed at home!
IMG_2706

IMG_2712

IMG_2718

IMG_2725

IMG_2727

IMG_2733

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger