Monday, December 13, 2010

Spencer Black Memorial Run

I am so far behind in blogging, I may need to take a week off to catch up! Anywho, David participated in his first 5k race a couple of weeks ago. I am so proud of him for this awesome accomplishment! Also, a friend of ours, Erica ran in this race as well and it was her first also! I would like to make a note that after I finished, I had to sprint half a mile to the truck to get the camera and then back to the finish line to get David crossing it. I HAD to have a picture of him crossing the finish line of his first race but I thought I was going to have a heart attack getting the camera! Also, Vick and Steven participated in the one mile fun run. Steven was going to run and Vick was going to walk. When they blew the whistle though, David and I about passed out as we watched Vick run by us. And then she kept on running....I about died!! I got 3rd place in my age division which was nice, so it was a great day for us all! We decided to then go to Luvici's for lunch after the race. We were about to get out of the car and David said..."Are you going to wear that inside??" He was referring to my medal...and yes, I did wear it inside. :)

Getting all geared up!
IMG_2886

IMG_2887

Here he comes!!!
IMG_2888

IMG_2889

Me and Vick...please excuse me looking like death...this was after the race, and the 1 mile sprint to and from the car!
IMG_2891

IMG_2892

Our friend Erica! I just barely caught her!
IMG_2900

IMG_2903

IMG_2906

IMG_2909

IMG_2911

IMG_2914


Getting my medal
IMG_2916

IMG_2918

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger