Friday, August 27, 2010

Las Vegas...the Final post....whew

If I wasn't so lazy, I would have put the whole Vegas trip in one post...but honestly, you wouldn't have read the entire thing right?? Anywho...I will sum this up as quickly as possible with the great corn story...I know I mentioned that this trip was pretty pricey. And not intentionally so. We had talked about going to Jamaica for our anniversary but didn't want to spend that much money...well, we should have just gone there. Not that we didn't have an awesome time, we did, but it was a little more expensive than I was anticipating....anywho....we went to La Reve which was an awesome show. I mean, expensive, but well worth the money. Before the show we went to dinner at Craft Steakhouse. It was recommended by everyone we talked to. The waiter comes out to tell us about this fabulous corn dish that is the chef's specialty tonight...he went on and on and on about how insanely delicious this corn was and how it was a delicacy. So, I said, give me the corn...sounds like a plan...here it was...
IMG_2314
Does that corn look familiar to you? Well, it should if you are from Alabama. After tasting the corn I told David, and the waiter the following....

Waiter: So did you LOOOOVE the corn????
Anna: Well, it was good, but I hate to burst your bubble....
Waiter: (Insert confused look on his face)
Anna: You see, back in Alabama, we eat this all the time. This is nothing more than some Green Giant Niblet corn sauteed with some green onions....you can get this at any pot luck, church supper, or covered dish...
Waiter: (See same confused look on his face as before)

The moral of the story is, I paid $30.00 for a side of Green Giant Corn...but overall the dinner was wonderful and I recommend Craft Steakhouse if you ever are in Vegas...

These photos sum up the rest of our trip....
IMG_2310

IMG_2312


IMG_2313

IMG_2316

IMG_2319

IMG_2321

IMG_2323

IMG_2324

DSC_0169

DSC_0227

DSC_0232


DSC_0258

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger