Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Little River Fun

IMG_2161

IMG_2163

On Saturday, Buzzy, Theresa, Bobby and myself went out to the lot. They had not seen it since we had it cleared. We had also had a storm that went through out there that week, and there was some damage to houses and garages on our road. We had to make sure the Mexican Condo was still standing, and I wanted to check on my camper as well. Well, once we started up the hill, our trip was quickly cut short. There was a tree across the road. Super....so, I am going to go back this weekend to check on everything and just hike it up the side of the hill. Should make for a great workout!! Then on Sunday, we took the jet ski out. Now, remember the trauma of my boat, having to sell it due to the engine being messed up...well, our temporary fix was to buy a jet ski for this summer so we could decide what kind of boat we wanted for next summer and do some research. Don't get me wrong or anything, I like the jet ski, but I am not attached to it the way I was to my boat. Also, David and I are like a bunch of old farts when we ride it. Most people love to jump waves and can't wait for the river to be all choppy. Us?? Nope, we want to ride on smooth water. Waves? Yeah, we slow down for them. So Sunday, I should have known when we were trying to put it in and we couldn't hardly get if off the trailer because of all the waves coming in that it was going to be rough. We put it in, rode less than 5 minutes and decided that we didn't care for getting our brains beat out. We put it up and went to Point Mallard instead. I know, I know, just call me Evil Canevil! All in all, it was a great weekend though! Lots of fun river time which is what I love the most!!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger