Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fishing Blues....

Most of the time, when I have a hard day/week my favorite stress relief is to go fishing. Unless you are a fisherman/fisherwoman, you probably don't understand the wonderful benefits of going out and "throwing the worm." So, I went out to do a little stress relieving fishing and ended up doing quite the opposite. I guess you could say I am one of those weird people that can't stand the thought of people shooting deer for fun, or fishing and killing the fish for no reason. I know that we have to help maintain the deer population so they do not overpopulate and starve to death. If I was a deer, and my death was up to me, I would much rather have a quick death than to slowly starve to death.....I feel the same way about fishing. I love to go fishing, but unless I am going to eat the fish, I always throw them back and I am very particular about making sure they are uninjured if at all possible. Well, this past fishing trip was not that way. I performed more fish surgery (using my nursing skills) than I ever have. Granted, all I was catching were little brim, but none the less, I do not want them to suffer either. The majority of the 9 fish I caught that day completely swallowed the hook, where it was so far down in them, only the knot on the top of the line was showing. So, thank goodness I had my trusty sewing kit with me....this allowed me to stick various objects down their (throats) to remove the hooks so I didn't have to just cut off the hook and leave it in them. Now granted, there was a little blood involved, but when I gently tossed the fish back in the water, the didn't float back up, so I consider that a win. Here is one of my tiny victims, I mean patients, that day...before I realized he had swallowed the hook. I think he was okay though...Needless to say though, I left there more stressed than I did when I got there. I hope all my fishes are okay!!


IMG_5704.JPG

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger