Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lasek Surgery Day!

So today I took David to have his Lasek Surgery (I think I am spelling that right, he didn't have LasIK surgery, so I think I spelled this correctly) and everything went well. They have a viewing room where you can watch them doing the surgery. I really didn't care to watch it, but I went in anyway. I know I am in nursing school, and if it would have been anyone else's eyes, I probably would have been fine. But when they started poking David's eyeball, I thought I was going to be sick. Plus the fact that I was terrified the laser would slip off of the correct part of his eye and blind him forever. So, before the procedure was over, I ended up in the floor of the waiting room, knees up to my chest, which helped me. Just to tell you how sweet my husband is, during the middle of the procedure (and he couldn't see me) he asked the doctor to look out and make sure I was okay. I gave the doc the ol' thumbs up from the floor, so he told David everything was fine, which it was. Another interesting part of this surgery is the stuffed animal they give you to hold. I didn't take a picture of David with the stuffed elephant, but I found this picture on Google and thought it painted the correct picture. When you lay down, they hand you either a stuffed elephant or stuffed frog I think. You don't really have the choice whether or not you want to hold it...probably because all of the macho men would refuse to hold the stuffed animal, but it gives you something to do with your hands during the procedure. And, secretly, I think it is a comforting thing to have, grown or not.
So right now, David is trying to sleep, but can't, and I am about to put about 4 different kinds of eye drops in his eye, so wish me luck!

1 comments:

THE J Mo said...

I hope all goes well and the healing is speedy!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger