Monday, October 6, 2008

How Many Phi Mu's does it take to put up a tailgating tent?

So this weekend, my sorority sisters and I had a "first." We all went down to the ballgame, but for whatever reason, our husbands/boyfriends couldn't come. It was kind of weird because in all the years we have done this, they have all never been absent at the same time. David was a little concerned about our tailgating issues, especially with me hauling the majority of the stuff down there by myself. But never the less, a challenge was presented, and we conquered it. Just to be safe though, David and I did a trial run in the front yard on Friday night of putting the tent up, assembling the table, etc. It went rather well, so I decided this wouldn't be too bad. Now, I have always made fun of David for his elaborate tailgate transportation set ups that he has. I have always thought he went overboard and took entirely too long with loading our cart up once we got out of the car. Well, never again will I mock his precision. When we unloaded everything I did not take the time to bungee it all down like David does...I thought I did a pretty good job of balancing everything on the cart and it was heavy enough I thought nothing would happen. Well boy was I WRONG!!! Every hill, both up and down resulted in my cart dumping over and its contents spilling everywhere. One time, it conveniently happened while I was in the middle of one of the busiest roads with cars coming both ways. However, I did not panic, I slowly re-loaded my cart again and set off. Once we got to the tailgating site, everything went smoothly. The tent went up without a problem with myself, Kelli and her mom (sometimes) helping. Oh, and Couch threw in a hand as well when he came over, but we really didn't need him! :) I think the funniest part of the whole day was when I was trying to get to Lawren, who I knew would not be able to find us in the sea of Crimson Tide tents. I walked to meet her at the Mound, and it was a site I will never forget. Lawren, dressed in a precious hounds tooth tunic and leggings, dragging a cooler with a bag full of stuff, with chairs hanging off the side is covered in sweat, and proclaims, "WE WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN WITHOUT BOYS!!!!" It was hilarious, especially since she dumped her cart once on the way in as well! All in all though, we had great time and I am so glad that I got to see everyone. So the moral of the story is, yes, us girls can throw a mighty good tailgate ourselves, but it is much more fun when you have your significant other there to do all the heavy lifting!! :)

Happy Birthday Couch!! Couch came by and tailgated with us throughout the day! I miss him and wish he would move closer!!!

IMG_5651.JPG

Ginger, Carey and his sister stopped by as well!

IMG_5655.JPG

Lindsey and her friend from Texas...she got a big dose of Alabama football this weekend!

IMG_5656.JPG

The gals...
IMG_5657.JPG

Kelli graced us with her presence again.... :)
IMG_5658.JPG

Me and Lindsey....my long lost Texas friend! Thank goodness Thanksgiving and Christmas are not too far away!!!

IMG_5660.JPG

Me and Lawren at the game....ROLL TIDE!!

IMG_5663.JPG

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger