Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ready....Aim....Holy CRAP!!!

IMG_1238 (by alhiggy08)
This weekend, we headed off to the shooting range on Sunday afternoon. It was so beautiful outside, so we stayed out most of the weekend. As most of you know, I am on the quest to shoot my first deer, so Ray brought the rifle out that I used during our first hunt for a little practice. Now, if you recall from the deer hunting story, I wasn't able to shoot anything, so this was my first actual time of firing this particular gun. He was very good at explaining everything I needed to do, and I listened to his every word. The anticipation was killing me, I was so nervous and thought I would surely be knocked down by this powerful rifle. Then, my foot cramps right before I am about to fire, so that didn't help the situation either. Long story short, after I fired it the first time, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And I was 3 for 3 on hitting my target, which was a coke bottle. Oh, and let me get on my soap box for a second. Even if you are not interested in hunting or anything like that, everyone, especially women, need to know how to shoot a gun and feel comfortable with it. You never know when you will need that skill....or when you need to get your husband back in line. :)

IMG_1230 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1232 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1233 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1237 (by alhiggy08)

1 comments:

Meg0429 said...

I need to go with you sometime. You know I got a gun for Christmas and I am scared to death of guns nor know how to shoot one. I don't want to learn from someone I don't know. You will have to give me some shooting lessons


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger