Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

I must brag on my husband today....he gets an A+ for Valentine's Day.
IMG_7471 (by alhiggy08)
He came home Friday with beautiful flowers before we headed out to the Famous Couples Party that night. Then on Saturday, he being the smarty pants that he is, had already made reservations for us earlier in the week at Macaroni Grille. Thank goodness he did...when we arrived for our 6:00 reservation, the wait was already an hour and 45 minutes....if we had not had a reservation, this girl would have headed to Krystal's. Anyways, he totally surprised me this year....as you can see...
IMG_7472 (by alhiggy08)
Well, you can't really tell what it is, but it is the most BEAUTIFUL necklace....

Was I good enough this year for diamonds...I didn't think so, but I guess he has a soft spot for me! :) Our conversation was interesting regarding the necklace....

David: Well, I hope you like it.
Anna: Of course I like it, it is beautiful...why would I not like it?
David: Well, no offense or anything, but most of the jewelry you wear is junk
Anna: Well, that is because I don't have any nice jewelry! :)

Anyways, I gave him is gift, or rather, a giftcard for his gift. He is getting an Apple Ipad in March when they release...


Being the loving wife I am, I tried with all my might to flirt with one of the Apple Nerds in the store at Bridgestreet to get him an actual Ipad...Here is what happened...

Nerd: Can I help you miss?
Anna: Sure, I would like an Apple Ipad please (insert smile, head tilt and touching his arm)
Nerd: Miss, I am sorry, but they don't release them until March.
Anna: Oh, I'm suuuure you have one in the back...run back there and grab me one please.... (Insert bigger smile and head tilt)
Nerd: Miss, we do not have any here at the store, I can assure you
Anna: Well, then can you tell me where I can get one? Surely there is some sort of underground nerd network, I mean, place where I can get one?
Nerd: Miss, I assure you that there is not
Anna: Well I guess I will just have to get a giftcard. Can you bring me a brochure or something with the picture on it so I can put it with his giftcard?
Nerd: Miss, we are a GREEN COMPANY and do not print out promotional material
Anna: Well, you have been no help to me today, just give me my giftcard please. :)

The moral of this story...some nerds are oblivious to the female charm... :) On a serious note though, we had a wonderful Valentine's Day together...one that will surely be remembered. I know most people gripe about how stupid Valentine's Day is and what a waste of money it is, but I don't think there is anything wrong with setting aside one day a year that is special to tell the one you love, well, that you love them! :)

1 comments:

Meg0429 said...

Sounds like you both scored on Valentines Day. Weston got me that necklace for Valentines Day the year before last. It is my favorite :) Just try not to break the chain. Those things are expensive!!!!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger