Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Best Weekend Ever!! (minus when I married David) :)

Where was I this weekend???? With 100 other women at the 4-H Center in Columbiana, AL learning how to become an Outdoors Woman. For all my Phi Mu girls out there, try not to turn up your noses too much please...they just might stick that way! :) If you have never heard to BOW, which I hadn't until about a month ago, you are missing out. It is the most awesome event ever! You learn EVERYTHING about the outdoors, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, crafts, etc. that you could imagine. It is a 3 day seminar and it absolutely wonderful. The classes I chose were: Intro to Fishing, BASS Class, Riflery and Talkin' Turkey. I will break down my post with pictures of each of these classes because there is so much to tell! So let's begin with Intro to Fishing.....

In this class we learned basic fishing techniques, knot tying, bait selection, etc. They started us out with our rods and some plastic fish that we had to catch. You had to throw your "bait" almost perfectly to catch the fish which was challenging but really helpful. If you look really closely, you will see the bright colored fish at the bottom of the hill in this picture...
IMG_1267 (by alhiggy08)

After a few tries, I caught mine!!
IMG_1268 (by alhiggy08)

Next we learned about fish identification which was really neat. In Alabama we have tons of species of fish that you can catch...
IMG_1271 (by alhiggy08)
Next they taught us how to clean the fish....when they asked for a volunteer to do the next one, guess who's hand shot up!
IMG_1278 (by alhiggy08)

Should have brought a ponytail holder...
IMG_1283 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1289 (by alhiggy08)

So now I know how to clean a fish, which really isn't that hard, I had just never done it before. That night, we had activities which consisted of eating way too much and then we learned how to shoot a bow. I have never done that either and it was awesome. Stu-baby was my teacher and he was great. We first had to determine whether I was right eye or left eye dominant....
IMG_1294 (by alhiggy08)

Next came the instructions...
IMG_1295 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1301 (by alhiggy08)

And boom!! BULLS EYE!!
IMG_1304 (by alhiggy08)

More to come tomorrow!!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger