Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 3 BOW

Well by day 3 I was exhausted, but so not ready to leave! We got up for breakfast and then had our last seminar before heading out. I did Turkey Talk, which taught us all about turkey hunting, tracking, calling, etc. I even can tell the difference between male and female turkey poop, which is a skill I am sure I will have to use for the rest of my life! :) My instructors were great, and we started off in the classroom for a little demonstration, supply list, watched a video, and practiced our turkey calls.

IMG_1342 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1343 (by alhiggy08)

Then we moved outside for a little turkey trailing and some hands on lessons.
IMG_1344 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1345 (by alhiggy08)

They talked a good deal about camo and how important it is that everything, guns, shoes, bottoms of your shoes, face, etc. be covered because turkeys have like 10x greater eye site than humans. In the middle of them talking to us about this, not 10 feet from me, this guy jumps out of the brush hollering, in full camo, and I proceeded to wet my pants. It scared us all to death that he was that close to us, and we didn't have a clue. Here is our masked bandit....
IMG_1346 (by alhiggy08)

Last but not least was a little lunch with new friends and tons of memories to take home. :)
IMG_1347 (by alhiggy08)

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger