Sunday, March 21, 2010

Warm Weather Fun!

Two weekends ago, we had some decent weather, David had his first wedding of the season, so that means my single lady status begins! :) Poor David works extremely hard, and during wedding season especially, we are just two ships that pass. But that leaves lots of time for me and my hobbies. One of which is the river/anything outdoors. I took off to the Athens Home and Garden Show to learn a little bit about container gardening before I headed off to the river. I recently read this book called "Square Foot Gardening" which was really neat. It basically shows you how to grow almost a whole gardens worth of food in a 4x4 area. Container gardening is a little bit like this method as well...so I wanted to get the facts on both before I decided which method to try. I am really wanting the method that is the most fool proof....since I can kill a weed without trying. :) So the jury is still out on which version we will have for the summer. Here are some of the ladies showing off the container gardening method.

IMG_1349 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1350 (by alhiggy08)

Then I headed out to the river and had some good catch up time with my neighbors out there! I can't wait for the summer!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger