Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BOW-Day 2

Day 2 of the Becoming and Outdoors Woman Seminar, I took the BASS Class and Riflery. They were both awesome. I started out that morning with the BASS Class. We met down at the pool to practice with some lures specific for catching BASS so we could see how they moved. That was pretty neat, because some of the underwater lures I have used before, I had no idea what they looked like in the water.

IMG_1313 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1315 (by alhiggy08)

Then we went out on the pontoon boat across Weiss Lake to a private pond to try out our new skills. It was a little chilly still, but we had a great time!
IMG_1317 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1319 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1320 (by alhiggy08)

My second class was riflery which was so neat. We learned all about different types of rifles and then we had our own personal instructors to teach us different techniques and stuff. My instructor was really good...I ended up winning the TOP GUN award which was the best shooter in my class. We started out going head to head with each person in our class on shooting targets accurately and quickly as well. Plus you had to factor in the occasional gun jam which was quite frequent. So we did a bracket style competition and then at the end I was the winner. My instructor was so proud! Plus they get bragging rights to all the other instructors if their student wins.
IMG_1324 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1326 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1331 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_1332 (by alhiggy08)

We finished out the day with a little story time by the fire with Hugging Bear....I stayed until 8:15 and then went to bed! :)
IMG_1339 (by alhiggy08)

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger