Friday, June 18, 2010

Coach Saban's Camp 2010

For Christmas this year, we decided to get Steven a gift certificate to attend Coach Saban's Football Camp. He was really excited about it and we got to go watch them practice this week as well. It was 9 million degrees outside, but watching him on the field at Bryant Denney was totally worth it. There was a voice going over the loud speaker hollering at the boys and telling them what to do...it sounded like some sort of psycho to me, and it was....it was Coach Cochran, the strength and conditioning coach at Bama. He is the one that holds his hand up the entire 4th quarter with 4 fingers up...
DJH_9161
I snuck out to go find Steven's helmet that he traded in for a BAMA helmet because his Cedar Ridge helmet was hurting his head. He told me he left it at the practice field...
If you haven't ever been to the practice field down at BAMA, its locked up like Fort Knox. But, being the determined Aunt that I am, I decided to make my way in, probably in not the most legal way. Well, thank goodness a little frat boy equipment guy came to my rescue...and actually let me in the building, the legal way. We searched and searched for the helmet with no luck finding it. I did however get to meet some really cool people while I was in the "high security" facility. Everyone I met kept asking me how I got in there, but I didn't tell!! :) I got to walk around in the locker room, weight room, coaches area, and lots of other cool places I probably shouldn't have been. Thank goodness Meghan called to say that Bryce, the 3-year-old, had found Steven's helmet in the lost and found bin at Tutwiller! So, I left my new found friends and headed back to meet up with everyone. I know Steven had a great time at camp and learned a few things as well!

DJH_9139

DJH_9151

DJH_9169

DJH_9238

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger