Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

May was extremely busy for the Higginbotham's....not much time for blogging! David had 5 weddings in May so there was a great deal of alone time for me....he had a Friday night and Saturday night wedding Memorial Day Weekend, so I went out to the river and met up with my neighbors at Sugar Creek. We went on a couple boat rides and just generally took it easy. They are such a fun group! Then on Sunday night, Justin and Micah brought there bikes over, and we rode out to Point Mallard to watch the fireworks. P.S.-If you ever decide to do this and go back on the road that is by the bike trails, bring a light...or two! Super dark out there and we had one light! Anyways, the fireworks were beautiful and the atmosphere was great as usual. While out at Point Mallard, one of my gripes came out....I know I know, I rarely have anything to gripe about...but stay with me here. People all the time complain about there being nothing to do in Decatur and that this town sucks...first of all, if you feel that way, MOVE. But secondly, we have all these HUGE festivals, fireworks, a water park and all the great campgrounds and stuff in our town. People TRAVEL HERE FOR THEIR VACATIONS!! I know it may seem like no fun to you because you grew up here, but it is pretty neat that in a town this small, we have all this fun stuff. Oh, and back to my original point, if you don't like it, move. No one is forcing you to stay here. :) Here are some shots from the weekend!

IMG_1781

IMG_1784

IMG_1789

IMG_1791

1 comments:

Gretta said...

Totally agree with you ~ Decatur has so much to offer if you are just willing to be a little adventurous and outdoorsy!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger