Friday, June 11, 2010

Goodbye My Love.....

Wednesday evening was quite possibly one of the saddest days I have had in I don't know when. That's when the $4200.00 mistake was really a reality. As most of you know, I am an avid boater. I LOVE my boat probably more than I even like most people. :) It has been my baby, my first big purchase by myself and my source of joy for 5 years now. To make a long story short, this past winter, the boat was not winterized properly. When we went to put it in the first time this summer, we realized something was wrong with it. Several diagnosis later, we realized that the engine block was cracked and the motor was totally useless. A new motor would be $4200.00 and it didn't make financial sense to put a brand new motor into a used boat that was an older model like the Bayliner. So, Wednesday, I put my baby on Craigslist to see what would happen. An hour later, I got a phone call from a man that said he had cash in hand, ready to buy it. IT all happened so quickly, I didn't really have time to process it. However, when I hooked up the Bayliner to take her to meet her new owner, the tears started...and I'm not talking about droplets, I am talking waves of uncontrollable tears. I got to the Holiday Inn, where Justin and Micah were meeting me, so I wouldn't be alone when the transaction occurred, and it just got worse. I was hysterical...and I don't get hysterical. I think I freaked both of them out, and the guy that bought the boat from me surely thinks I am nuts. He said, "Ma'am, are you sure you want to do this....are you okay?" Hmmm...well, let me think...of course I am not okay, but this was the lesser of the evils. So, we made the transaction and I told him to let me drive away before they left so I didn't have to watch him leave with my baby....Later that night at church, Justin told David, "It was like watching Superman react to cryptonite....very disturbing..." And, to be fair here, I know that this is just a boat, a material possession, and we were very fortunate to have it. I know there are people who are selling everything they own to pay for a sick child's operation....I know its not that big of a deal in the big picture of life. But that was my baby....and now she is gone. We had some good times, and I hope her new owners love and appreciate her as much as I did...
DSCN0022

IMG_6997

IMG_6951

IMG_6953

IMG_6887

IMG_5615.JPG

2 comments:

Meghan said...

So sorry it came to that! I know how much it meant. Hope you get floating again soon!

Meg0429 said...

Wow!!! I didn't know you were going to get rid of it. Last I had heard, you were just going to fix it. :( I am so sorry. I know how heartbreaking that must've been. I hope you are already looking for other boats. It is hard to say goodbye to those things that we love like our cars, boats, houses....we build a bond. Even giving them names. :) If you need therapy, I will give you some...free of charge.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger