Monday, June 28, 2010

Stay-cation 2010

Well, thank you BP for ruining our tiny break of a vacation that we had planned for last weekend. After much debate, should we still go, should we not, where should we go instead, we decide to do a little stay-cation. So, we started out Thursday night with Paul Thorn, who is one of our favorite musicians over in Huntsville. David got to take some portraits of him backstage which was really cool, and I tried to hold a light and manage to get a photo of David taking a photo....not the best, but I did the best I could..
IMG_1963

Then we decided to do a little boat shopping that weekend....yes, I know, I am still recovering from the loss of the Bayliner, so there may not be a boat any time soon, but it doesn't hurt to look a little...we still don't know what we want...its between a deck boat and a pontoon....any thoughts from you other boaters out there?
IMG_1966

Then we went to the Bass Pro Shop, where I of course was in heaven, and bought a few things, including some new cookware for me. I bought a Lodge Cast Iron cooking DVD, and then was feeling froggy, so I bought a bunch of the cookware to try out my new outdoor cooking skills with....more to come on that.

Then we took a little impromptu canoe trip...right out of our own backyard almost....there is this drainage ditch in Point Mallard that leads out to the river, so we put the canoe in there and took off. And yes, I was the redneck riding in the back of the truck holding the canoe that was waaayy too long in there...
IMG_1969

IMG_1971

IMG_1972

IMG_1973

IMG_1976

We also went to the movies twice, saw Iron Man 2 and Knight and Day over at Bridgestreet...then we finished off the weekend with Longhorn Steakhouse and a sore throat and earache for me...but man we had a good time!

1 comments:

Gretta said...

You will LOVE your Lodge cookware. It is by far the best cast iron cookware. We go tent camping and do all our cooking over an open fire using a tripod and our cast iron cookware. We should go canoeing together sometime. We own a canoe and like to take the kids out in it.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger