Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby Lily Comes To Visit!



If you read my previous post, you will recall that our neighbor Scott did the majority of our electrical work when we had our issue with the power dipping and all...so, not that in any way this small deed pays him back, but we offered to keep Lily so Scott and Shawna could have a night out on the town. Lily turned 2 weeks old on Friday, and if I am not mistaken, I think we were the first people to keep her. Obviously...I was honored. So we started off the night a little scared, I mean, David and I aren't pro's on babies, especially tiny babies, but we managed to feed her, change her and keep her remotely happy. I think I have found that she prefers to sleep on your chest and not laying in her bouncy seat though, so good luck with that Scott and Shawna. We did realize on a very small scale what it was like to be parents for a little while and how even the smallest task seem to take forever. Perfect example....David was trying to make tea and I was cleaning up. We had Lily in her bouncy seat, and it seemed like every 3 seconds, her passy fell out and we would have to stop what we were doing, go over and put it back in, bounce her seat a little and then return to our task. I think it took about 20 minutes to actually get the water in the tea maker, ice and sugar put in. I can see how parents can't get anything done when they have a little one. Every time they make a noise you go over and check on them. After she got settled though, we had an easy go of it. She slept on me for about 2 1/2 hours while we watched movies. I can't remember if I posted about keeping their son Landyn for the first time. He is almost 2 and I kept him for a couple of hours one day when Shawna went to the doctor. They made fun of me when they got back because I hadn't turned on the TV, and Landyn had been asleep for an hour and a half. I was just nervous he would quit breathing or something when he was under my supervision, so I was a little precautious...which means that when we have our own children, they will be the one's out playing in traffic and running with scissors...oh well....we can try!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger