Monday, January 26, 2009

Family Bowling Fun!

On Saturday night, we headed off to River City Lanes for some family bowling fun. Steven was here, so it was his choice what we did...we had several options, but bowling prevailed, so off we went. To be honest, I really like to bowl and so does David....except for my pesky bad habit of being a not so graceful looser. It is stupid, I know, but I am extremely competitive and live by that whole, "Second place is the first place looser." This will probably not be good when we have children, so David has decided that he will be the one to teach them sportsmanship. The thing about being a not so graceful looser, is that most people know when they have this complex. I fully realize that I have been infected with this, and I know it is not a good way to be. However, pointing out to me immediately after I have lost something is not the time to try to correct my behavior unless you want to be limping around for a week from a fierce karate kick to the shin. I have told David time and time again that if he would just let me sulk for a little while, I would be fine. However, this never happens. But I did pretty well on Saturday night, I beat him the first game, quit badly I might add, and he won the second game. (I did however, keep up with cumulative points, and technically I won overall...but who is counting.)
Enough about that....we had a great time with the family and I am glad that Steven still thinks I am cool...I know my days are numbered, so we are enjoying them as much as possible before he turns into a teenager. Here are some shots from the evening...

Steven getting ready to bowl...


Me, Gare and Vick

Gare and Vick


David trying to "will" his ball into a strike...


Steven again...

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger