Thursday, January 8, 2009

First I would like to thank....



Little to my knowledge, I have a fan that reads my blog! And she nominated me for the Your Blog is Fabulous Award and I am super excited! Never in my wildest dreams did I think my blog would be deserving of an award!!! There are so many people I would like to thank at this time....first and foremost God, secondly, my husband for inspiring me to blog, thirdly....my 9th grade English teacher and last but not least...Wilson. Everything he does is an inspiration. (In case you haven't picked up on it yet...I am kidding...I can see the awards show rolling the credits over my face as they try to wrap me up!!) Anyways, to officially accept this award, you must list your 5 addictions...so here goes.

1. This one is probably the worst, but I am addicted to naps. I turn into a little bit of a 3 year old if I don't get my nap. Literally, my body shuts down if I don't "rest my eyes for a second." Naps have always been big in my family...my grandparents use to take a nap every day and we didn't dare call or go by during the hours of 1:00-3:00, because it was nap time. And my mother takes a nap every once in awhile when she is worn out. I started this tradition in college and it kind of stuck. There were many a day that I would sleep in my jeep on my lunch break in my favorite parking garage in Cullman...

2. Secondly, I am addicted to the river....anything about it, I love it! It is my favorite place to go and be and I can have fun just sitting out on the dock and staring at it. I think that is something that is bread in you at an early age...some people love it...others can't stand it and don't understand why anyone would want to do anything related to it....

3. Anything sweet....I know that is probably true for most women, but I have a huge sweet tooth. Some days I wonder why I get up and go to the gym everyday....if I wouldn't eat all these sweets, I could probably just sleep in....oh well. Maybe will power comes with age.

4. This one is strange to most people because unless you are an animal lover than you think its weird....I would say I am addicted to my dog Wilson. I talk about him like he is a child and love him the same way I think I will love our future children. He has brought me so much joy in his 5 years and is a constant companion and friend. He also shares my love for the river and that is a bonus as well. We both light up like kids when I turn into our subdivision on the river...he knows we are there and so do I.

5. Last and certainly not least would be my wonderful husband. How can you not be addicted to someone like David. Everything about him is wonderful and he is my best friend in the world. We can have fun just sitting around together with nothing to do, or going out on the town. His personality is infectious and he has the kindest heart of anyone I know. He always jokes with me about making him out to be a bad person and how he hopes my second husband is a bad as I make him out to be. Its kind of a running joke at our house, but it is true in some ways. I have to pick at him some because he never really does anything wrong. He can always cheer me up and I can't wait to see him each and every day.

Now...to nominate my 5 favorite blogs....
1. David Higginbotham Photography
2. My Girls
3. The Coultures
4. The Tomberlins
5. The Carrols

1 comments:

Carriage House said...

Cousin,
I always enjoy reading your blog and think you totally deserve this award. Congrats and keep on keepin' us entertained with your funny posts. Hope to see you soon!

Love,
Kate


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger