Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Greatest Show on Earth!

David has been an extra great husband this week...not that he isn't always great, but this week was just even better! From my previous post you saw that I got to go to Carole Foret's Wine and Paint Night which was super fun and I totally enjoyed every second of it. Then he told me not to plan anything for Friday night and for me to be ready at 5:00 sharp to leave. I had NO IDEA where we were going, and we ended up driving to Birmingham. We got to the BJCC and on the marquee sign they have it said "Come Celebrate Black History Month at the BJCC." I thought....hmmm...well, that sounds like fun, but not what I was expecting. To my surprise though, the CIRCUS was in town! I LOVE the Circus and haven't been since I was little. So, I was super pumped when he told me what we were doing. Just a word of advice to those of you with children....if you are planning on taking them to the Circus, please bring every credit card that you have with you. It is like a money pit!! Cotton Candy....$12.00!! WHAT????? Granted it came with a weird looking hat that looked like it was 10,000 for $1.00 from Oriental Trading, but more power to them. The kids start screaming for it, and the parents fork over the money. Seriously though, be prepared...
We went in and David loaded up on arena food...which to him is like a fine meal at a 5 star restaurant. He's a simple man with simple taste...I however had to eat a smoothie due to my horrible experience at the dentist (that will be a whole other post). We got to go the pre-show where you get down on the floor and get to see the stuff up close. Be sure you check out the pictures below from us trying on all those goofy clothes. Anyway, the show started and it was amazing!!! The best part...they made an elephant disappear...yes that's right, an elephant. Now I know they didn't really make it "disappear" but we were both stunned. If anyone knows how they do that, please let me in on the secret! All in all it was a fabulous night and I am thankful to my wonderful husband who always thinks up nice things to do for me...be looking for the post about the dentist...its coming soon!

This is David trying on the circus outfits...I always get on to him about looking goofy in pictures, and his response is always the same....do you want 1000 pictures of me with the same smile on my face...BORING!! Thank you for not boring us..
IMG_6201

IMG_6202

IMG_6204

IMG_6206

IMG_6211


Thanks for the great night!

IMG_6219

1 comments:

Gretta said...

Glad you had such a great time! We are going to the same circus in Huntsville Feb. 27th. I am taking my PreK class (70+ kids & adults) and then David & the kids are going with me, too! We went last year too and holy cow at the cost of everything! You are so right! Your pics are cute.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger