Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Birthday Finale....

Wow what a great birthday I had this year! I know this may sound like a "duh moment" to most of you, but I had a realization today. Most of us, especially women, get to the age where we start hating our birthdays....I think it comes after age 23. We all dread getting a year older, getting a few more wrinkles, and loosing our "youth." While I was thinking about that this morning, the thought came into my head, "well at least I'm not dead." DUHH!!! Each year that I get older I should view as a blessing, because there are a lot of people, young and old that don't get to see their next birthday. So the point of my story....bring on the wrinkles!! Well, maybe I will still fight those, but I will have a different attitude about birthdays!!

Moving on to a less deep subject...last night, we went to dinner with Micah and Justin. The only picture I got from the evening was this one...
IMG_0960 (by alhiggy08)
Micah was doing "Fire Marshall Bill"

Today after work, David surprised me with my last gift, which was this....
IMG_0970 (by alhiggy08)
Yes I know I am 10 years old, but I am super excited about my new bike. I haven't had a new bike since I was....well, 10 years old. :) Guess it was time for one!

Then we headed off to Shogun, which I was super pumped about.
IMG_0974 (by alhiggy08)

Lastly, we made a trip by Huntsville Hospital, to see Mike and Lori's new baby boy who will share my birthday. He wasn't due until later on in January, but I told Lori if she had him on my birthday I would give her $100.00. Must have been some motivation, because he arrived this afternoon. She said she was starting his college fund with our gift and we are the first contributor!!
IMG_0976 (by alhiggy08)

All in all it was a wonderful birthday and my last gift from David is a cruise in February, so Mexico here I come! Thank you to everyone for your wonderful birthday wishes, phone calls and cards today! I am truly blessed!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger