Monday, December 14, 2009

The New Mark Street!!

As a child, one of our Christmas traditions was driving by Mark Street S.W. to look at the Christmas lights/decorations on this one house. I hope the owner of that house doesn't read my blog, but just in case, I will use my nice words to describe it. That house probably had more lights, nativity scenes, and some of the tackiest decorations on the planet. It also had a giant Bible, and by giant, I mean like 9 feet tall and you could read the words in the Bible. But every Wednesday night after church we would all ride by there and stare at that house. 2 years ago, I was still continuing this tradition with David when we drove by that house to see no decorations and a sign in the front yard saying that the man that had put up all those decorations had passed away. I was so upset! Tacky as they were, those folks went to a whole lot of trouble and that was a "Christmas Tradition" for my family. It is not the same not driving by to see that anymore. So, now we have a new tradition....have you seen this house?
IMG_0677 (by alhiggy08)
It is close to us on Harrison Street S.E. If you have not been by, you are missing out.
IMG_0681 (by alhiggy08)
(David was doing a test shot with the camera for this one, but I thought I should put it on here...especially since he looks so happy to be out in the cold at his wife's request to take a group photo.) This house has TONS of lights and a sign in the yard that gives you a radio station to tune into. It has Christmas music that is synchronized with the lights. Its pretty awesome. So, here is our gang in front of these peoples house. Hope they didn't think we were going to rob them or something...
IMG_0682 (by alhiggy08)

This was our "surprised face..."Justin looks like he just saw the ghost of Christmas past....
IMG_0683 (by alhiggy08)

1 comments:

Meg0429 said...

I remember Mark St. We used to go by there all the time. Then one year awhile ago we saw that same sign. It is very sad. Then my parents discovered that other house last year and took me one night to surprise me. I loved sitting out there listening to music and watching the lights. I am glad at least someone in Decatur now has a flashy house.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger