Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holy Crap....I am STUCK!!!

Last Saturday, Wilson and I had some mommy son time and we went to the river....now, ya'll know how much I love my leopard skin river boots as seen here....
IMG_5782.JPG (by alhiggy08)

However, on this day, they were my ticket to being stuck in the middle of the river....let me explain. As you can see, the bank was quite muddy...
IMG_0516 (by alhiggy08)
However, it was just kind of muddy around the bottom of my feet. No big deal since I had my boots on. However, we went from a little squishy mud around the bottom of my feet to calf deep in mud in 2 steps. I was stuck.....and stuck bad. So, I am standing out there and feel like I am in quick sand/concrete. The more I move, the deeper I sink. I was thinking to myself...a few more inches and this mud will be over my boots and the I will be in BIG trouble. At this point I stopped and tried to come up with a plan....what to do? So I took both hands and started wiggling my boots back and forth. They moved a couple of centimeters....so I finally got the first one free and was trying to step backwards towards the land, but my second foot was facing the river and I sure didn't want to dislocate my ankle, so I stepped to the side....back into calf deep mud. I literally made inches of progress over the span of 20 minutes before I had freed myself. Wilson had given up on me at this point and decided to take a little swim...
IMG_0523 (by alhiggy08)

David was at home watching a ballgame but told me he would have come and pulled me out....how I am not sure without breaking my legs...anyways, after the crisis was over, we had a wonderful time and enjoyed the river...but from the bank, not the mud.
IMG_0525 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0526 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0528 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0530 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0533 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0519 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0509 (by alhiggy08)

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger