Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas at the Higginbotham's

On Christmas Eve, we go to Davids parents house for our annual Christmas gathering. We always have a nice dinner and open up presents. There is usually a phone call from Santa that happens each year which is pretty neat as well, and all the kids get to talk to him. This year was the first year that the adults drew names which I think worked out pretty well. After all, we don't need anything anyways. I would love for us to one year not buy anything for each other and sponsor an entire family. I think that would be a good lesson for the kids as well as the adults about helping those less fortunate than we are. I can remember doing things like that with my family growing up and those were events that stick out in my brain to this day. Could I tell you what I got for Christmas all the other years?? Nope....because it was meaningless gifts. The best gift of all is helping others and that is one of my favorite things about Christmastime. Here are some shots of the night...

IMG_0784 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0786 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0791 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0794 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0797 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0801 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0805 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_0808 (by alhiggy08)

1 comments:

Gina said...

could you take my picture off? I don't think you could have picked a worse one!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger