Sunday, February 15, 2009

Betty Sims Cooking Class

Sorry for being MIA lately....I have been sick for 5 days, and have felt like garbage. I mean, real garbage...I went to the doctor on Tuesday and was given the "best antibiotic out there.." well I should hope so since it cost $55.00 for 5 pills and that was with my insurance. Not to mention the other 3 prescriptions...surprisingly though, I am not better, I think I have gotten worse as the days have worn on and I am officially grateful to my husband, who I use to make fun of, for buying the Puffs Plus with Lotion....because he doesn't like the regular tissue. Never again, will I make fun of that. After going through 2 entire boxes, that would be 236 kleenex, I will never again make fun of him for having the lotion kind. It saved what was left of my nose...I digress..
On Tuesday night, my mom, Sherryn and my sister-in-law Gina went to Betty Sims cooking class. It was wonderful and she taught us the best recipes. She cooked flank steak which I have always heard was a cheap cut of meat that was gross...but she made it taste delicious! Oh, and the mashed potatoes she fixed....they were to die for. I will put the recipe up sometime because they are the best mashed potatoes I have ever eaten!! We had a great time and I am signed up to go to her Economical Entertaining class which I am super pumped about in March. Sounds like a dinner party will be hosted at the Higginbotham House in the near future!!
IMG_6296

1 comments:

Gretta said...

Anna, you always find the coolest places to go for fun things? How do you find out about this stuff?! Anyway....I want details about the Econmical Entertaining class. I love to cook/entertain so I'm game for this. Also, David is still working on getting me to the Carol Foret Crosses class...I'm crossing my fingers for a great birthday gift! :) By the way...hope you begin to feel better soon!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger