Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Part 2

So as I mentioned before in my previous post, Friday night, I gave David his Wii, not a baby, for Valentine's Day. He told me that Saturday was my day and not to plan anything. So, we started off with breakfast in bed...which was super nice. He made me pancakes and bacon....it was yummy! We then headed out to the river to go fishing (yes I enjoy that way more than he does). Just to let you know how sick I was, I didn't even feel like being out at my favorite place in the world...so we only stayed about 2 hours and then came home. David's finale was to cook me my favorite dinner from the Olive Garden....Ravioli Portabello. I know that I could not make this dish, as it requires hand made ravioli which I have never done, nor have any idea how to do. But far be it for David to back down from the challenge! So, we had a lovely meal together...with me of course still looking like death from my sinus infection/swelled face. All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day and I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband!!

A little pancake breakfast!! YUM!!
IMG_6308

IMG_6307

Out at the river....please notice the swollen face and bloodshot eyes. FELT LIKE DEATH!!!
IMG_6309

David's trotline caught this lovely piece of wood...man we thought we had a big one on there!
IMG_6310

David wanted me to hold my fish up like those guys do in the Bass Master's Tournaments and scream like they do....so here is what we have....weighing in at .5 ounces....
IMG_6311

The lovely dinner...
IMG_6312

David...looking slightly beat down after preparing this dinner....he told me he has a new respect for me and cooking and wonders how you get everything to be ready at the same time....well, its a secret. :)
IMG_6313

The finished product...delivered by my two favorite Valentine's!
IMG_6314

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Anna. I'm so sorry that all you had to eat were candles!

Ann Taylor said...

I still haven't figured out how to get everything ready at the same time. Sometimes I fix one thing, eat it, then fix the next thing, eat it, and so forth. But that's just for me. If I was cooking for other people, it would be a disaster.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger