Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Recipe



So last night, I didn't know what to make for dinner....I had some chicken thawed out, but didn't want to do the normal stuff that I always fix. I bought 2 big things of Velveeta cheese when they were on sale at the grocery store, and I had some rice....so I thought of some kind of recipe using those would be good. I don't know if you guys are a fan of KraftFoods.com, but if you are not, I highly recommend it. They have a search section of their website where you can put in up to 3 ingredients that you have on hand, and it will pull up all these recipes for you. That is where I found this Chicken and Rice with Broccoli creation. Now, David is not a fan of ANY vegetables, but I guess since these were smothered in cheese, it made it bearable for him. So, if you need a simple recipe...try it out!!

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed

Make It!

COOK chicken in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 5 min. or until chicken is done.

STIR in broth. Bring to boil.

ADD rice, VELVEETA and broccoli; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 10 min. Stir until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended.

1 comments:

Ann Taylor said...

My mom used to make this all the time when we were younger! It is really good.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger