Saturday, October 3, 2009

Skate Castle 2009....whoop whoop!!

IMG_7442

Friday night was suppose to be an exciting night of going to Misty Hollow Farms to do their Haunted Hollow, where basically you walk through the dark woods and people try to scare the crap out of you...however, after months of anticipation, I called yesterday and because of all of the rain we have had, they have a ton of trees down and its "not safe" to go through...wasn't that the whole point anyway?? :) So, we decided after a lovely dinner at Alfonso's to go to the Skate Castle...yes, you heard me right, we went roller skating...the conversation when we pulled into the parking lot went like this...

Anna-"I am really excited about skating...."
David-"Yeah, I think it will be fun"
Anna-"Oh good, its not crowded, there are hardly any cars here....wait, the kids that come here can't drive...nevermind."

So, we asked for a senior citizens discount when we paid, were denied, and then started out on a wonderful adventure. I remember being an awesome skater, could bust a move like it was nobody's business. So, I tried re-living my past...no such luck. Be sure you check out the video...its got me almost biting the dust, and then it has it in slow motion too...well worth the watch!

However, we did have so much fun! I highly recommend going back and doing one of those activities that you did as a kid. We laughed so hard the whole night, it was a hoot!

Here is David starting off the night with a little video game action at Alfonso's
IMG_7436 (by alhiggy08)

Here we both are, showing off our snazzy skates...
IMG_7438

IMG_7437 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_7441 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_7456 (by alhiggy08)


Skate Night 2009 - from David Higginbotham on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Leanne Helums said...

Y'all crack me up!! It looks like you had a great time.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger