Thursday, October 29, 2009

To Save...Or Not To Save.....

IMG_0070 (by alhiggy08)

So as you know, I went to the Thrifty Sisters workshop last Thursday night and it was really neat. I went out and bought a binder with like 100 baseball card holders in it and started organizing my coupons. I spent like an hour getting all my coupons organized and then picking out the ones I was going to use at Publix based on what they had on sale. Granted, I am not one of those coupon ladies that ONLY buys things that I have a coupon for....if I did, we would live off of apple juice and canned goods....so, I did buy lots of stuff that wasn't "a deal" but come on...we need some meat in our lives at the Higginbotham House!! So, besides what is pictured, I got 12 pounds of chicken, and all of my refrigerated items were already put up before I decided to take this. I had bought a lot of produce, several cans of biscuits and crescent rolls, fruit, cheese, etc. My total was like $147.00, but with my coupons, it brought it down to $67.00, which seems like alot compared to the coupon diva's out there, but I got a TON of stuff and was rather proud. So what did I do with my savings of $80.00? Did I put it in a savings account, or away for a rainy day...nope, I bought some new clothes. I mean, I would have spent it anyway right?? :)

1 comments:

Lawren said...

That's my kind of thrifty sister! Save for the wardrobe!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger