Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Weekend-Part 1

On Friday, both David and I were off, which was nice, so we had a leisurely day of sleeping in and then we met up with Justin and Micah to head off to our place on the river. We were planning on spending the night, but we decided to go check it out before because we had not been out there in forever. When we got there, wow, it was grown up! David did a little weed-eating, but didn't get to make too much progress because his line broke. We then went to Luvici's on the square in Athens to eat. If you have not been there, you are missing out. It is the best food!! Everything we have eaten there is amazing, including their kids PB&J, which I had once. Here we are eating there...
IMG_6970 (by alhiggy08)
David and I were going to go home, take a quick nap and then get up in time to hit both families 4th of July/Birthday celebrations and get everything ready to spend the night out at the river. We set the alarm for 4:10, and needed to be leaving by 5:00. I woke up, with no alarm, mind you, and asked David what time it was....it was 4:56!! So, we jumped up, both showered, got ready, went to get gas, stopped at the grocery store to pick up food and met his brother in Athens at 4:40 on the way to my grandmothers house. We ditched the river, since we were too rushed to get everything ready to spend the night there. Here are some shots from Mamoo's for my Mother's birthday party....

The Grill Master at work...
IMG_6971 (by alhiggy08)

Gare and David trying to smoke....I mean, cook the hamburgers.
IMG_6972 (by alhiggy08)

Me eating some of my Aunt Judy's fruit pizza....I am going to put the recipe on here because it was so simple and AMAZING!
IMG_6974 (by alhiggy08)

David has been taking a lot of family portraits lately, so this was him taking a shot of Mamoo...
IMG_6975 (by alhiggy08)

1 comments:

Meg0429 said...

I love fruit pizza! It is one of my favs. I almost fixed it this weekend. Hope you two had a great 4th!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger