Friday, July 3, 2009

A Special Thanks To Our Service Men and Women




I battle with a great deal of guilt when it comes to holidays like the 4th of July, Memorial Day, etc. We all have our nice little family get togethers, go boating and barbeque, but seldom do we stop to think about why we get to have these holidays in the first place. All of our service men and women in Iraq and other places don't get today off, they are still out in the heat in unimaginable conditions compared to what you and I live in, and we are all worried about whether or not there is going to be traffic at the Spirit of America Festival tomorrow. Like I said, I am just as guilty and am trying to focus on the true meaning of the holiday. I found this website and it has lots of things you can do to support our troops. I recommend signing up for something...I haven't decided which one to do yet, but I think it would be nice if we all did a little something for our troops. Anyways, hope everyone has a great 4th!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

I agree!! Nice sentiment


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger