Tuesday, May 5, 2009

3 States in 8 hours




This morning, I left the house at 5:00 a.m. to head to Atlanta to Market for work. I was going to pick out some gifts and things for my referral sources and physicians, and this week is Cash and Carry at Market, so it worked out perfectly. We have a GPS and I normally love it. However, lately it has been acting a little squirly. It tried to take me all the way down Highway 67 and through these 2 lane roads to get to Atlanta...no thank you. So, I went the way that I know, turned the GPS off until I had gotten well out of "U Turn distance" and made my way. However, when it was time to come home, the stupid thing did it again, so I turned it off for a little while to avoid it telling me to make a U Turn every 5 minutes...next thing I know, I am in Tennessee. Yeppers....Tennessee. Now, how I managed to get there, I have no idea....but when I turned the thing back on, it was telling me to go through Chatanooga. It was a pretty drive, but geez....I wanted to go back through Birmingham! Oh well, can't live with it, can't live without it.

Today, I also realized something else....


Women are like a heard of cattle...and please keep your cow jokes to yourself. As I went into market, there was this booth with all these women gathered at it, pushing and shoving each other and waving money in the air...so obviously it had to be something good, so I got in line. Then, like the rest of them, I pushed and shoved my way to the front, waved my money for....well, I wasn't sure what I was buying yet, because I couldn't see....but I waved it anyway...finally got to the front and saw that everyone was buying these market totes, coolers and monogram bags...now, before I ever set foot in that place, had I thought to myself, "You know, today I need to buy some market totes, coolers and monogram bags..." Absolutely not, but far be it from me to not go with the pack. What was hilarious though was the other women standing around me...one bought like $500.00 worth of the stuff and when she was signing her credit card slip she looked at me and said, "I have no idea why I just bought all of this..." Well, neither do I sister, but I hauled it back to Alabama, via Tennessee and now have shower gifts out the wazoo! So, let that be a marketing lesson to you all....create a line...even if its family and friends in front of your booth and I guarantee you will sell out of whatever you have. Those totes, all 900 of them, were gone in 12 minutes.

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Soo...you came to Atlanta and didn't call me... Shame! Just kidding..sounds like a quick trip.!!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger