Monday, May 4, 2009

Relay for Life

IMG_6742

On Friday night, David and I went to Moulton for Relay for Life. If any of you remember the weather in this area, it was like tornadoes and driving rain. They ended up moving the event inside the coliseum due to the weather. We were all packed in there like sardines, but we had a good time. I definitely think the highlight of the night was Romeo the baby pig. We were not really paying attention when we heard this awful screeching sound...like a mix between a screaming spider monkey and a sick cat. We turned to look and this man was walking in holding this baby pig that was screaming his head off. (I am not sure if that is the proper terminology for what the pig was doing, but its as close as I can get.) It had this bandanna on and was heading for the stage. We were leaving at this point, so we really didn't get to see the whole thing, but they had people kissing Romeo, I am assuming, to raise money for Relay. Otherwise, it would have just been weird, kissing a pig for no reason...I digress. So, then, we tried to pack up the car in the driving rain storm and head back to Decatur. It was a fun night...I think Decatur's Relay For Life is this coming weekend...its such a good cause, everyone should go out and support it!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger