Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Vacation...I think..

Sorry I have been away so long, we have had alot going on. I will post some pictures from our Frazzled Female Finale which was so much fun!! But onto more important things. David and I decided to come to Atlanta this weekend to go to IKEA and get some furniture, catch a Braves game, and just goof off. So we started at IKEA.....
IMG_6827

LOVE THAT STORE!!! We had picked out everything we needed and were coming back on Sunday to pick it up before we left to head back. After IKEA we went to our favorite restaurant, Copelands Cheesecake Bistro...

IMG_6828

IMG_6831
Then, we headed off to our hotel to hang out. We then ended up here....
IMG_6833

IMG_6834

This is David with his morphine pump...
IMG_6839

Yes, that would be Emory Hospitals Emergency Room....David was having severe pain in his abdomen and so we decided to come in. Not knowing what it was, but not thinking it was a really big deal...WRONG!! We had to have immediate surgery to remove his appendix which was in the top 4 of largest appendix that the surgeon had ever seen. The surgeon sent his appendix off to the lab to try and determine why it was so big and if there was anything funky going on with it. So, here I sit, typing in this hospital room that has now become my home for the next several days. We may be here for a couple of days, but that is okay. I am super appreciative for everyone that is house sitting for us and taking care of our baby at home. He is probably getting more attention now than when we are there because so many people are staying at the house. Also, Davids brother and nephew drove down yesterday to see us which was very nice. I didn't think it was necessary for them to come, but by about hour 19 of no sleep, I was about to have a meltdown, so the company was much appreciated. They took very good care of me and David and it was nice to see a familiar face. So, keep us in your prayers as we stay here and wait on test results. Hope everyone else is on the river... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had that taken out. Had mine removed in 1986. You won't have the cool scar like I do, but you won't miss it a bit.

You'll feel better soon and glad you caught it when you did.

Mary said...

I'm so sorry to hear about David. I will keep both of you in my prayers. If you need me to help with anything in Decatur while you guys are in ATL, please let me know.
Mary

Bart said...

Well I see the problem must have been accelerated with the plate of fried shrimp ravioli ... or whatever that was.

Hope all is well and that you have a good trip back to the River City, I wish I'd known you were at Emory that is were my sister-in-law is a nurse.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger